Thursday, March 22, 2012

Please Ignore Vera Dietz

For this quarter, I'm going to read Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King. My friends have said great things about it, so I'm going to give it a try.

Vera Dietz is in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn, or at least she was. Vera kept a lot of his secrets, despite the fact that he betrayed her. But Charlie dies under mysterious circumstances and Vera knows more about it than anyone else. It's up to Vera to clear Charlie's name, but will she?

I have to admit, this book isn't something I would normally read. The concept of being in love with your best friend is a little cliche, but it has an element of mystery. I'm intrigued and hopefully I'll be impressed!

2 comments:

  1. I sounds to me like this story is about the mystery of Charlie Kahn. I have never heard of this book, but since there is the romance aspect to it, it doesn't really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Sam from Fremd High School. I have actually never seen or heard about this book before! Being the bibliophile I am, I am very surprised that this novel slipped under my radar :) This book seems interesting because it ties a sweet love story with a mysterious, dark death. The plot sort of reminds me of an oxymoron, in fact! If I have time this summer, I will try to read this book!

    ReplyDelete