Thursday, April 5, 2012

Juggling a Job and High School

To cope with her pain, Vera's father strongly suggests picking up more hours at work. She works at Pizza Pagoda, where she often finds herself making deliveries into the shady side of town. Vera openly admits that the job isn't exactly safe, but her father doesn't seem to mind. She also is fully aware that she might be overworking herself between school and her job.

Personally, I don't want a job right now. I'd have little free time between school and work and I would probably get overwhelmed fairly quickly. I don't know how people manage to deal with school work, work and free time. I'll admit to being lazy and I love my free time, but I don't see how anyone could keep up with it all. I suppose it's worth having the job experience and money, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice my time. Not to mention that most of the kids who are looking for a job right now are already striving for optimum success in high school, which means lots of AP work. Do you have a job? If you do, how do you keep your stress level under control?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Amy, from Fremd High School. I don't have a job right now, and I completely agree, I think I'd have a really hard time juggling everything. I do volunteer sometimes, but the schedule is much more flexible than having an actual job. To avoid getting stressed out and overworking myself, I usually make sure I have an hour or so each day to relax and unwind from the school day, and that helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete